Good evening, brothers and sisters in Christ. Here is some IMPORTANT information regarding the Women’s Walk and other Emmaus events for this month:
We have a FULL walk – Praise God! As of earlier today, we still have the following NEEDS:
- We have two items on the Agape list not selected. Please look at that and prayerfully consider if those are things you might be able to provide.
- We also need FOOD AGAPE sign-ups – It’s really important that you sign up for what you plan to bring. Otherwise, the workers may notice gaps in the food supply and purchase those things then have the same items dropped by unexpectedly. We don’t want to be wasting HOTEC funds or yours, so it helps if you sign up in advance. ALSO, please remember that our food room does not have the facilities to wash food items. Even chopping is a bit difficult in so little space. If you plan to bring things like fruits or veggies, please have those items pre-washed and cut up and bagged so they are ready to serve.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, remember that our walk MUST be covered in prayer from beginning to end of the weekend. As of earlier today, we have 27 spots still open on the Prayer Vigil. PLEASE get those spots filled in ASAP. Get the word out to your small groups and Sunday School classes, as well. EVERY SPOT MUST BE FILLED in order for our Walk to move forward. I have confidence that our community will come through in this regard — Thank you in advance for your help!
- Candlelight music begins at 7:30 PM on Saturday, October 28 at Burnet Methodist Church.
- The community service begins promptly at 8:00 PM.
- Remember that Candlelight is for those who have participated in an Emmaus-type event previously.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Burnet Methodist Church also has a Trunk or Treat event scheduled for that same evening. That is expected to be ending about the time ours is starting; however, we anticipate a bit of a parking issue. It would be helpful to have people car-pool to reduce numbers of vehicles. The Disciples of Christ (First Christian Church) at the corner of Graves and Vandeveer has graciously offered their parking lot. There are also parallel parking places along Vandeveer Street right beside the church. We will have attendants monitoring both entrances to the church lot and directing traffic to the right area for each event. Please be patient, and I am sure that things will work out beautifully for both events! Above all, please don’t let the unexpected conflict prevent you from attending this very special event.
CLOSING: This is the time to invite the pilgrims’ family members whether they’ve attended an Emmaus event or not. Closing is expected to start about 3:30 PM on Sunday, October 29 at Eagle’s Wings Retreat Center, but I suggest that you arrive a bit earlier.
GATHERING: The community Gathering for October to welcome the Baby Chicks will be on MONDAY, OCTOBER 30 at MARBLE FALLS Methodist Church. As always, potluck dinner will be at 6:00 PM with Baby Chicks as our guest, followed by the service at 7:00 PM. This is always one of my favorite gatherings! I hope to see a big crowd there!